Combining the substantial expertise of many of Australia's leading native bee researchers, this book is a guide to observing and keeping Australia's broad range of native bee species.
Table of contents:
- Bee biology and behaviour
- Bees as pollinators
- Agricultural beescapes
- native bees for pollination services
- Urban bee ecology
- Creating artificial nest sites for Australian solitary and semi-social bees
- Bee identification
- Stingless bees
- Capturing, photographing and classifying bees
- Bee biosecurity
- FAQ about Australian native bees
Published in 2016, Australian native bees is part of the AgGuide series by the NSW DPI. It is brilliantly photographed and illustrated and includes 170 full-colour A4 pages.